Forms for FWO NoticesSchedule 5.3 FWO notice to give informationForm 1
COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA
Fair Work Act 2009
NOTICE ISSUED TO [name]
FWO NOTICE TO GIVE INFORMATION
I, [name], a nominated AAT presidential member, acting under subsection 712AB(1) of the Fair Work Act 2009, require you to give the information specified in Part 1 of the Schedule to this notice.
The information is relevant to an investigation by an inspector into a suspected contravention of a provision of the Fair Work Act 2009, a fair work instrument or a safety net contractual entitlement that relates, directly or indirectly, to:
* the underpayment of wages, or other monetary entitlements, of employees; or
* the unreasonable deduction of amounts from amounts owed to employees; or
* the placing of unreasonable requirements on employees to spend or pay amounts paid, or payable, to employees; or
* the unfair dismissal of an employee; or
* the bullying of a worker at work; or
* the unlawful discrimination of a person in relation to employment; or
* a contravention of a provision of the National Employment Standards; or
* the coercion of an employee by an employer.
Note: The details relating to the investigation are specified in Parts 2 to 5 of the Schedule to this notice.
The information is to be given to [the Fair Work Ombudsman][OR [name] who is a member of the staff of the Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman], by [time and date], in the manner and form specified in Part 6 of the Schedule to this notice.
Note: You are not excused from giving information under this notice on the ground that to do so might tend to
incriminate you or otherwise expose you to a penalty or other liability. However, there are restrictions on
when any information given under this notice may be admissible in evidence against you. See
section 713 of the Fair Work Act 2009.
WARNING—Under subsection 712B(1) of the Fair Work Act 2009you may be liable to a civil remedy if you have been given this notice and fail to give the information by the time, and in the manner and form, specified in this notice (or by such later time as provided for under subsection 712AD(3) or (4) of the Fair Work Act 2009), except to the extent that you are not capable of complying with the requirement.
Note: Under subsections 712AD(3) and (4) of the Fair Work Act 2009 the Fair Work Ombudsman may vary the time for compliance with this notice. The varied time must be at least 14 days after this notice is given.
Fair Work Regulations 2009
Compilation date: 11/09/2021
Note: See regulation 5.08.
Compilation No. 36