Schedule 2.3Model consultation term
Part 7-3Amendments made by the Fair Work Amendment (Casual Loading Offset) Regulations 2018
Model consultation term
(1) This term applies if the employer:
(a) has made a definite decision to introduce a major change to production, program, organisation, structure or technology in relation to its enterprise that is likely to have a significant effect on the employees; or
(b) proposes to introduce a change to the regular roster or ordinary hours of work of employees.
(2) For a major change referred to in paragraph (1)(a):
(a) the employer must notify the relevant employees of the decision to introduce the major change; and
(b) subclauses (3) to (9) apply.
(3) The relevant employees may appoint a representative for the purposes of the procedures in this term.
(a) a relevant employee appoints, or relevant employees appoint, a representative for the purposes of consultation; and
(b) the employee or employees advise the employer of the identity of the representative;
the employer must recognise the representative.
(5) As soon as practicable after making its decision, the employer must:
(a) discuss with the relevant employees:
(i) the introduction of the change; and
(ii) the effect the change is likely to have on the employees; and
(iii) measures the employer is taking to avert or mitigate the adverse effect of the change on the employees; and
(b) for the purposes of the discussion—provide, in writing, to the relevant employees:
(i) all relevant information about the change including the nature of the change proposed; and
(ii) information about the expected effects of the change on the employees; and
(iii) any other matters likely to affect the employees.
(6) However, the employer is not required to disclose confidential or commercially sensitive information to the relevant employees.
Compilation No. 36
Fair Work Regulations 2009
Compilation date: 11/09/2021